Article Figures & Data
Files in this Data Supplement:
- Supplementary Figure S6 - Segregation of phosphoAKT1-high and MYC-high prostate tumors by genomics and protein expression. (A) SNP arrays (Affymetrix 250K Sty I array) were performed on 59 prostate tumors and 6 normal tissues. The heat map showing inferred copy number profile was generated with DChip version 2010.01. Densitometric values of phosphoAKT1 or MYC protein (relative to Î²-actin) for each sample are depicted in the top orange/green heat map. The black bars in the color scales represent the cut-off for low and high protein values. (B) Venn diagram showing the intersections between genomic and protein expression data. Twelve and 11 tumors harbored 10q23.31 loss (PTEN locus, orange circle in (A), chromosome 10) and 8q24.3 gain (MYC locus, green circle in (A), chromosome 8), respectively, representing 26% (7/27) of phosphoAKT1-high and 13% (2/15) of MYC-high tumors.
- Supplementary Materials and Methods, Figure Legends and Table S1 - Table S1. List of gene expression assays (Applied Biosystems).
- Supplementary Figure S1 - (A) Box plots of phosphoAKT1 or MYC levels in low- or high-Gleason prostate tumors. (B) Representative cases of phosphoAKT1-high/MYC-low (orange box), phosphoAKT1-high/MYC-high (dark grey box), phosphoAKT1-low/MYC-high (green box) and phosphoAKT1-low/MYC-low (light grey box) prostate tumors and matched normal samples are shown with immunoblots for phosphoAKT1 and MYC. (C) Schematic illustration of the methodology.
- Supplementary Figure S2 - Concentration of glycolysis metabolites (A) in genetically engineered RWPE-1 cells and mice, and human prostate tissue samples. Controls (RWPE-EV, WT mice and normal prostate samples) are represented in blue, phosphoAKT1-high samples in orange and MYC-high samples are in green. (B) Diagram and concentration of metabolites of the glycine/sarcosine pathway in WT (blue), MPAKT (orange) and Lo-MYC (green) mice. One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) followed by Tukey's Multiple Comparison Test was performed using post-normalization metabolite quantities.
- Supplementary Figure S3 - Outlier plots of pathways enriched across three datasets (RWPE-1 cells, MPAKT and Lo-MYC mice, and human prostate tissues). Outliers were detected using (A) box-and-whisker plot (more than 75% of the inter-quartile range away from the box) and (B) by their notable "jump" above/below the rest of the points in the scatterplot. (C) Gene Set Enrichment plots.
- Supplementary Figure S4 - Concentration of creatine (A, B) and 2-Aminoadipate (C, D) in human prostate tissue samples. The concentration values by untargeted metabolomics (normalized values) are shown in (A) and (C). The concentration values obtained by absolute quantification (Âµg/g tissue) are shown in (B) and (D).
- Supplementary Figure S5 - mRNA expression of metabolic genes in RWPE-AKT1 or RWPE-MYC vs. RWPE-EV cells (A), or human prostate tumors relative to a normal prostate tissue pool (B). (C) FASN levels in RWPE-AKT1, RWPE-MYC and control (RWPE-EV) cells, and tumors vs. normal prostate tissues are shown. Association of high (dark grey)/low (white) GLUT-1 with phosphoAKT1 expression (p<0.05) (D) Diagram depicting all analyzed enzyme transcripts within the related metabolic pathways.
- Supplementary Dataset 1 - Metabolomics dataset
- Supplementary Dataset 2 - Metabolomics dataset
- Supplementary Dataset 3 - Metabolomics dataset
- Supplementary Dataset 4 - Metabolomics dataset