The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) seeks applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief of Cancer Research (CR) for a five-year term that will begin officially with the January 2018 issue.
- Established record of scholarship and broad expertise in cancer research
- Experience on editorial boards, preferably at a Senior/Deputy Editor level
- Understanding of the editorial cycle
- Ability to attract respected content experts
- Commitment to editorial excellence and author service
- Provide a clear editorial vision for the Journal
- Increase the Journal’s readership, quality, reputation, scholarship, and impact
- Assist in maintaining the scientific and ethical integrity of CR
- Identify and appoint qualified Senior and Deputy Editors and members of the Editorial Board
- Provide ultimate editorial authority over what is published
- In conjunction with an in-house Executive Editor, invite high-quality manuscripts and respond to presubmission inquiries from potential authors
- Prepare an annual summary report for review by the AACR Publications Committee and Board of Directors
Interested individuals should prepare and submit an application via e-mail. The application must include the following items:
- Letter of Application (250-300 words) describing your qualifications for the role of Editor-in-Chief, such as experience as an Editor or member of an editorial team, track record of scholarship in the field, and demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and to attract high-quality manuscripts.
- Vision Statement (800-1,000 words) providing a clear description of your vision for CR under your leadership. The statement should include a critique of the Journal’s current scientific scope and should set forth your goals and plans for its content.
- Curriculum Vitae that describes your scientific experience, indicates your current affiliation(s), and lists your publication history.
- Evidence of Institutional Support, which may be a letter of support or other documentation from your employer that describes the level of support (release time and/or general office support) available should you be selected for the position. You must have this support for the full duration of your appointment. The AACR provides basic financial support for the Editor-in-Chief. Because the support offered by different institutions varies widely, interested individuals are encouraged to contact the appropriate office of their employer to ensure the feasibility of his or her application.
Applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee immediately after the submission deadline. According to the bylaws of the AACR, the appointment of the Editor-in-Chief is made by the Board of Directors. Interviews will be conducted by phone. The selected candidate will be expected to disclose any potential conflicts of interest prior to appointment and annually thereafter throughout his or her term of service.
Applications and attachments should be emailed to Christine Rullo, Publisher, AACR Journals by no later than Friday, March 17, 2017.
Cancer Research Publishing Division
American Association for Cancer Research | Publications Division
615 Chestnut Street | 17th Floor | Philadelphia, PA 19106-4404
Phone: (215) 440-9300 | Fax: (215) 440-9354 | E-mail: email@example.com